Although our preferred method at this moment is still to use one of our supported Dynamic DNS providers, we now support any hostname whose IP changes (with a 60 second delay). We also added support for instant-updating of additional dynamic DNS providers: tunnelbroker.net, dns.he.net, dnspark.com, dynu.com, freedns.afraid.org.
We currently check all system hostnames every minute.
Here's our planned future progression of this feature:
- Provide email alerts to customers who may have their networks misconfigured, such that we're not seeing their dynamic DNS updates.
- Support more providers, and SSL updates.
- Monitor for a drop in DNS traffic, and only check those dynamic hostnames for a change (and do it more often than every minute)
- Start introducing Clientless Dynamic DNS support: You will no longer need to use a dynamic DNS hostname to use our service, and keep your IP with us updated.
- Introduce dynamic-hostname.dnsfilter.io.
- Support updating third-party dynamic DNS hostnames using our clientless technology.